The Starter Edition is the best way to get a “snapshot” of your facility’s performance.
The Starter Edition of FM BENCHMARKING is designed for those who …
- are new to benchmarking
- have minimal time to enter data
- have fewer than 50 buildings
The Starter Edition provides a good overview of your organization’s performance… and often, for those just starting to benchmark, that’s all you need. You still benefit from a robust suite of reports and filters, along with best practices information so you can improve the performance for your facilities and achieve major cost savings.
The Starter Edition can help guide future benchmarking efforts. If your results indicate that most (or all) of your key performance indicators (KPIs) are in the appropriate range, there’s no need to input additional data or spend more time benchmarking. On the other hand, if your results show that your buildings are underperforming, you may want to upgrade to the Premium Edition (we make it easy to migrate all your data over seamlessly), which will allow you to examine one or more benchmarking areas in more detail.
Space Utilization • Utilities • Maintenance • Janitorial • Security • Sustainability • Waste / Recycling • Parking / Paving • Grounds
Key Performance Charts
There are over 60 reports available to FM BENCHMARKING users; this list is just a sampling.
- Space utilization
- Utilities: electric cost per area, total utilities cost per occupant, total energy consumption per area, water consumption per occupant)
- Maintenance: maintenance cost per person and per square foot, area maintained per FTE, janitorial cost per person and per square foot, cost per area cleaned, area cleaned per FTE
- Security: security cost per area, area secured per FTE
- Waste and recycling: total waste and recycling cost per area, percent recycled, grounds and paving, grounds cost per area
Results are presented on a per-unit-area, per-occupant, and per-worker basis for costs and utility consumption.
- Percentage of facility occupied by a data center
- Work order completion rate*
- Facility condition index*
- Service response time*
- Carbon footprint*
- Energy Star and LEED ratings*
- Annual visitor count*
- Visitor and security details*
- Best practices*
- Per adjusted discharge**
- Many more*
* Specialized surveys / reports
** Certain building types (such as health care facilities) only
FM BENCHMARKING lets you input data and view results using any units!
- Square feet, square meters
- U.S. gallons, Imperial gallons, liters
- Therms, cubic feet, cubic meters
- Pounds, kilograms
- BTUs, kilowatt hours
- Acres or hectares
- Local currency
If your data is readily available, you should be able to complete the survey questions in 30–60 minutes and see your results immediately in tables and graphs.